Product Review: Cora Period Subscription Box

Cora Period Subscription Box


NOTE: This is not a sponsored product. In no way was I paid to write this review.

Lately I have been on the hunt for applicator-free tampons since the average woman uses 240 tampons in one year (think about all that plastic!), but it is surprisingly hard to find any! Your average store (Target, Sam's Club, etc) doesn't carry them, and even most mail-order feminine products don't have an applicator-free option.

Then came Cora.

I stumbled upon Cora in my browsing, and their 100% organic cotton tampons and inspiring mission caught my eye. I was doubtful that I'd be able to find applicator-free options, since that's what happened with the other brands I'd found, but this one actually had the option!

Here's how it works:

They ask you questions like how heavy your flow is, how many days it lasts, what size tampons you prefer, and if you want pads in the mix. Then they give you a few options of boxes they recommend, and you can choose the mix of sizes, products, and amount. The best part though? The first month's supply is 100% free. All you do is pay shipping (for me it was $3). After your free trial is up, they'll send you a box every 3 months for a very reasonable price (my box is $27). But don't forget to select applicator-free tampons to cut down your plastic use!! I've found them surprisingly easy to use, and the lack of an applicator doesn't bother me or slow me down at all.

Yet another beautiful thing about Cora is that for every month's supply purchased, they donate a months supply of pads to a girl in need in places like Kenya or India. Did you know that there's a 90% decrease in dropout rate when girls have access to feminine supplies?? Cora is helping girls get an education, which is almost enough alone to get me to purchase their products. To learn more about their cause click here.

The tampons themselves feel like great quality and did their job; my only complaint is that each tampon is wrapped in a small amount of plastic, but since it is a significant decrease in plastic amount, I decided it's worth it.

I compared pricing, and although it is slightly more expensive to do this instead of buy a pack of 96 at Sam's Club, you are significantly decreasing your plastic use (over 9,000 tampons in a woman's lifetime!), helping a girl in need, and having the products directly delivered to your door! I am a newfound fan of Cora!

I plan on trying out a few other subscription boxes, so I will make my final decision in the coming months. Have you tried any boxes you love? Let me know in the comments!




Comments

Popular Posts